We are currently looking for a full-time Product Manager (f/m/d) to strengthen our team. This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from the company headquarters in Salzburg, Austria and the remainder of their time remotely.
Today, most coverage of live events on broadcast and OTT is the same as the early 1990s: Despite multiple cameras capturing the action on the field, the viewer at home still gets one single program feed compiled by a director. Viewers cannot choose to watch the camera of
their choice, or instant replays of the key events from the game when they want. They also need to depend on other sources to access live game data and analytics. This limitation has led to significant disengagement among viewers, especially the younger audiences. Broadcasters today face the challenge of dissatisfied customers on the one hand with eroding advertising revenues on the other. Differentiation is becoming much more difficult for both broadcasters and OTT services.
The rise of streaming services also means that audiences today prefer to watch everything on demand. Live Sports is somewhat different, but the same desires exist. Viewers demand the content they care about wherever and whenever they want it.
NativeWaves EXP enables deeper fan and audience engagement at home, on-the-go and in-venue, across numerous types of content, programming, and live events. Viewers can choose an enhanced event-centric experience on smartphone or tablet, offering additional camera angles, audio tracks, instant replays, social media integration etc. including full on-screen navigation.
The Technical Product Manager will play an integral role in the product vision and development of NativeWaves’ playback technology & experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, web and connected devices. This role is responsible for helping to create a world-class playback experience that delights fans. Our mission is to enable partners to transform viewers into fans by accelerating and monetizing the power of fan engagement.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Learn how our product operates, and how our tools and platform translate to what the customer sees.
- Establish relationships with teams and stakeholders integral to video playback and
end-user experience (Media Engineering, Operations & QA, UX, Product Marketing, etc.)
- Take ownership of the Core SDK (including playback) along with the different customized sports experiences.
- Get access to various reporting tools and dashboards that you’ll need to be successful.
- Begin writing requirements, designing experiments, and working with the engineering team to build & evolve our product.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, why and where they consider NativeWaves EXP, and how and why they do/do not consume media via NativeWaves
- In combination with our sales team, begin building a strong relationship with our
customers to understand their needs that will open up opportunities for our product.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including engineering, design, user research and data science to build a compelling product roadmap and facilitate the execution of that roadmap to ship impactful product features that delight our customers and increase the NativeWaves EXP reach and appeal to our partners and customers.
- Drive the product roadmap by aligning the internal resources towards the agreed
outcome as well as timelines by also taking on partial responsibility for program
- Identify areas to invest in as a product team, help the business prioritize future sport types and product development.
Within 12 months you will:
- Continuously capture insights from customer feedback, experiments, research, and analysis to iterate on the roadmap and improve the product.
- Be an advocate for our customers and the team’s mission internally in the company and present our work and roadmap to internal and external partners.
- Participate in interviews and hiring to expand the team.
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the playback experience and product as well as the sports experiences we support.
The right candidate will have a strong vision and be capable of blending the fan’s perspective
and desire with NativeWaves’ business goals. Additionally, the candidate must be a self-motivated team player who can drive the overall business objectives of the organization. This
person must be able to work closely with other internal and external product & technology
experts and have strong operational skills.
Technical Product Manager
- Writing Product Requirements
- Data Analysis and Experimentation
- Responsible for end-to-end ownership of large projects
- Helps oversee delivery based on daily project schedules and coordinates activities across
- Drives development of detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation
- Makes recommendations to improve product(s) or processes utilizing user research and/or design concepts
- Identifies problem spaces for potential product solutions
- 2+ years of professional experience in product management, or a similar role
- Organized approach to identifying, understanding, and solving customer problems
- Experience with hypothesis-driven experimentation and deriving meaningful insights from
- Track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams and partners to tackle ambiguous problems and make forward progress
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English; and German is useful but optional
- Strong ability to multi-task and context-switch with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization
Following experiences are a plus:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience, Experience with Atlassian tools,
Experience working with streaming media, Experience working on client-side media infrastructure
- A young and growing company, supported by international investors
- An international and ambitious team
- A lot of room for self-initiative and creativity
- Very flexible working hours and home office possibility
- A modern office near Salzburg Airport, good bus connection, parking spaces available
This is a current opening with potential for an immediate start.
For legal reasons, we refer to the minimum gross wage salary as per labour laws in Austria
starting with 3,800€ per month (full-time 38.5 hours/week, 14x per year). However, this is
negotiable and will be higher depending on qualification and experience.
Sounds interesting? If so, please send us a copy of your updated CV.