The NativeWaves encoding management service delivers a reliable, real-time, broadcast-quality video and audio encoding solution for live streamed content to connected platforms. This solution is software-based and streamlines streaming workflows, while simultaneously processing multiple video outputs and efficiently delivering the high-quality performance needed for formatting live video for any device. The solution allows for remote control and monitoring of the encoders and integrates seamlessly into a real-time video encoding workflow while enabling Ultra Low Latency video delivery.
Seamless Cloud Integration
Get full control of your encoder infrastructure remotely via the web browser with the stream template system for easy management using various encoding pre-sets and stream settings. The system fully integrates with the NativeWaves Multiview Sync and Event Management systems for easy set-up and management of multiple streams from complex live events.
Real-Time control and health monitoring
Configure, start and stop streams and monitor hardware health and utilisation in real-time. Monitor encoder performance for optimal live streaming and get Live network performance metrics while publishing on-line.
Easily integrates into existing tools and encoding workflows and can be fully controlled automatically via REST APIs. The software adapter enables integration with 3rd party encoders
The NativeWaves encoder is a state-of-the-art encoder that meets the latest industry standards and is tailor-made to work seamlessly with NativeWaves products and services across the Multiview platform and enable delivery of personalised entertainment experiences to consumers.
Deliver a premium viewing experience that supports high resolutions in live event settings. Deploy complex multi-stream setups with many real-time streams with full ABR (Adaptive Bitrate) ladder. Deliver high quality content with complete control using the versatile combination of GPU and CPU encodings.
With seamless integration into the NativeWaves content encoder platform and remote management using a web browser we provide a high degree of freedom with flexible encoding configuration options.
Ready for new experiences
Deliver new experiences to your viewers by integrating seamlessly into the NativeWaves cloud platform for synched Multiview experiences with next level encodings that support Ultra Low Latency standards.
NativeWaves Encoder Specification
- 2 x RJ45 10G-T
- 16x 6G-SDI in/out (up to 16 audio channels each)
- AVC / H.264
- HEVC / H.265
- Flexible CPU/GPU Encoding Support
- Deinterlacing support (up 1080i50)
- Bit depth: 8bit, 10bit
- Up to 4k60 support
- Encode up to 16x 1080p streams plus sub-encodings (full ABR ladder)
- Common audio formats supported (e.g. AAC, MP3)
- Advanced channel filters for selecting input channels
- Common Media Application Format (CMAF)
- Apple HTTP Adaptive Streaming (HLS)
- Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH)
- Adjustable segment sizes for MPEG-TS or Fragmented MP4
- Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP)
- Output to SDI (switch inputs to outputs)
- Multiple targets/formats with flexible control options for frame rates and aspect ratios
- Rack-mountable, 4RU, Short 470mm (18.5”) depth
NativeWaves will develop and provide a software adapter that will enable the use of 3rd party encoders to deliver a synced Multiview experience. The minimum specifications required to use the 3rd party encoder are as follows :
- Controllable via an API (e.g. REST API) either directly or via a platform
- Management via a direct device API requires additional adapter software to run as an additional service on the network
- Individual control over streams and their settings: Pipeline definition inputs -> encodings (multiple bitrates, resolutions, etc.) -> outputs)
- Live monitoring capabilities for the encoder and stream publishers (network)
- Output support for frame-wise segment push (fragmented MP4) to an HTTP endpoint. Expected video codecs: H264/H265
- Accurate time management on the encoder device plus correct timestamps in the corresponding output streams